This post is also available in: Spanish
To implement Business Process Management (BPM) in an organization it is important to consider all people involved in both the implementation and the day-to-day work performed by the company.
AuraPortal Helium iBPMS logically involves the organization based on its functions and roles, as represented in the following table:
- The first phase requires a technological structure to support the AuraPortal implementation. This work is normally carried out by the IT staff or is subcontracted, as may be the case with Cloud services.
Once the AuraPortal installation is complete, it is time to create the processes that will automate company activity.
- The second phase involves the creation of process models. Process class modeling involves determining every detail of how it should function when executed.
This roughly, in addition to prior process analysis aligned with the company’s strategic plan and business objectives, involves:
- Making a process model flow diagram.
- Assigning attributes to all the objects in the diagram: chronometry, the fields and documents used, the relevant Business Rules, the people involved, instruction, etc.
- Running simulations (statistical and/or real) to check their performance.
In this second phase, it is senior management and those responsible for establishing the rules, processes, documents, etc., which dictate how the company is organized. IT personnel determine the technical aspects such as integration with external applications, performance optimization, etc. (The majority of these can be done without any programming).
- In the third phase, AuraPortal is ready to execute processes and the company can work with the suite by completing their tasks. This phase affects all the people involved in the company’s day-to-day work including external parties, e.g. customers, suppliers, Partners, etc. Thanks to process monitoring, business managers are able to optimize all the processes to achieve higher levels of efficiency.
- The fourth phase involves the observation, control and analysis of the execution results. Process managers and senior management can witness the true performance of all the processes whilst they are running (times, delays or advances, costs, pattern deviations, etc.) without having to wait for subsequent audits.
With AuraPortal, the day-to-day activities (Processes) generate real-time information which is used by intelligence tools such as: Dashboards, BI (Business Intelligence), BAM (Business Activity Monitoring), KPI’s (Key Performance Indicators), etc. As these tools are included in the AuraPortal Suite, it is also possible to automate the monitoring, control, and analysis of the facts and data.
Furthermore, this information enables senior management to make well-founded decisions for business process optimization.
A noteworthy aspect is AuraPortal’s User Access. Thanks to its 100% Web-based technology, system users access the application via an internet browser in any of the four mentioned phases, using cutting edge devices such as Smartphones, Ultrabooks, Tablets, etc.