This post is also available in: Spanish
One of the most important features offered by a BPM Suite (Process Management Software) is the automated and real-time monitoring, control and analysis of company activity, which enables fast and well informed decision making.
As a next generation BPM Suite manages the majority of a company’s activities, the information it generates is far superior to any other information traditional management systems based on functional management have been able to handle.
From day to day, each executed process registers all the information generated throughout the process, including data manually input by users and automatically generated by the system or from interactions with applications and external devices either by devices used in the company or captured automatically on the Internet (Internet of Things IoT)
This permits the exhaustive control of information generated in the company, its uniformity and cohesion:
1. Structured Information. This is all the data created, modified or eliminated, not only from the BPM Suite but also from the applications used by the company: ERP, legacy, etc. (which have been integrated with the Suite) and the integration with other systems and devices of all kinds (machines, sensors, etc.) used by the company or captured from the Internet.
2. Non-Structured Information. All types of documents which have been created, provided by externals (customers, suppliers, etc.), archived consulted, signed or deleted, including digital content, Business Rules and generally all types of archives (Video, Audio, Imagery, etc.) or URL.
Until now, document management has been performed independently to all other company activities, but with a little perspective it is difficult to conceive digital enterprise content management independent from the management of operational processes. Document handling is part of a company’s daily activities and therefore cannot be separated from the processes which manage it.
Document Management integrated in AuraPortal’s core BPM is completely integrated with company processes, offering organizations one of the most complete systems for Document Management (both electronic and physical) and digital content.
3. Related Information. Management Elements (employees, accounts, projects, etc.) connected to the other elements, increasing the possibilities to meet the needs of most scenarios, through networks of relationships at 1: 1, 1: N and N: N as well as the processes and documents.
4. Information and Rules. Includes all internal and mandatory Business Rules, strategies, procedures and regulations, both textual and mechanical.
5. Information on Activities. Including technical (all types of analysis of internal and external user access, activity and access statistics, errors, etc. hourly, daily, weekly or monthly statistics of pages and options visited, documents and images downloaded, consumption of bandwidth, search engines, phrases and key words used, etc. ) and operational, about people, groups, roles involved in process execution and free workflow tasks (non-structured processes) about the predicted and actual times, consumptions and costs with all variances, etc.
6. Analysis and Control Information. Control of costs and profitability and direct access to times, views, BAM (Business Activity Monitoring), Dashboard, BI (Business Intelligence), KPI indicators, reports, etc., for each process, set of processes and the entire company for their analysis.
The correct implementation of a next generation BPM Suite allows the conversion of this immense quantity of information generated in a BPM software into available knowledge.
With AuraPortal, daily activity is automatically converted into useful and relevant information and is automatically distributed to the right people at the right time to enable them to make appropriate and, above all, well founded decisions.