This post is also available in: Spanish
BPM Technology used in Colombia’s 2014 elections
With AuraPortal (*) BPM (Business Process Management) technology, the Colombian Ministry of the Interior’s Immediate Reception Unit for Electoral Transparency automates the management and tracking of complaints and allegations of irregularities in the 2014 electoral process.
In just two months, a team of specialized consultants from AuraPortal Partner companies BPM Latinoamerica and Management & Quality Ltda., designed, configured and implemented this process, which enables Colombian citizens to report irregularities observed in the Colombian 2014 elections.
Alvaro Canal, AuraPortal Business Developer for the Andean region and Panama, comments, “Manually handling an unpredictable volume of complaints and allegations in a country with more than 30 million voters, and responding in short periods of time as is required by law, can be a very costly task. With AuraPortal BPM it will be immediate, precise and controlled, with a notable reduction in paperwork and minimal staff.”
BPM used for Electoral Transparency
Here are just a few of the many benefits the Ministry has achieved from implementing AuraPortal BPM technology:
• Information management using Dynamic Forms.
• Unlimited Guest and Anonymous Users thanks to AuraPortal WIP technology.
• Web Service integration with external applications.
• Web Service integration with the current Document Management system.
• External Portals for external surveillance and control entities.
• Automatic creation of office documents for case referral.
• Notification to citizens by mail, messenger, web and printed notifications.
• Visual help in forms.
• Public Queries.
• SQL Reports.
• Execution of stored procedures.
• Management of Chain of Custody for physical evidence received.
• Monitoring of the citizens from the Ministry’s website.